Dedicated to Peoria Notre Dame's Swimming and Diving Teams. Latest happenings, announcements, and our history.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Many Great Instances of PND Swimming

I would have to say that statistics say that Nina would be the obvious choice. But great moments are not made of stats alone. Take for example the more than obvious defeat of Pekin for the MS-6 Boys conference meet in their own pool. Another example could be the girls beating Richwoods in the last event of the meet to break their 86 meet undefeated streak in the conference. That's not even mentioning some of the better moments with the younger and not so talented kids. Take for example Hutch, a kid that drops an obscene amount of time in the 500 for the boys a few years ago. Take Megan Flynn who dropped 42 seconds in the 500 free to finish in the Top 12 at sectionals. Take Richie Haefli's "Miracle" swim in the 100 breastroke. I am not discrediting Nina at all, she was a fantastic diver and is definitely up there. I just think there is more to it than just statistics alone. To be a great instance I think you have to look back at how hard people work to accomplish this. Unfortunately I did not get to know Nina or her work ethic so I cannot judge based on that. I do know that some of the instances I said earlier were done by people who really worked for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home